The Community Television Association of Maine provides a listing of contact and other information about public, educational, and/or governmental access chanels in the State of Maine. The content in this listing, which is available to registered site users only, is maintained by individual access channels. Some do an excellent job in keeping their information up to date - others have never updated as changes have occured in station management, areas served, video formats, and contact information.
If you do not see the listing of Maine Community Access Centers below, you have either never registered as a user of the CTAM website or need to login to an existing account.
If you plan to use the listing to post announcements about your organization, please keep in mind that most of them are staffed by volunteers who do not have the time to format your printed press release or announcement for television. Here are some guidelines that will help insure that they are able to post your message.
1. Use a program like Powerpoint or a graphics program like Photoshop to create the slide IN LANDSCAPE MODE.
2. Keep fonts larger than 26 point.
3. Try to cover the 5 "W's" - Who, What, Where, When, Why. Just the facts, no editorializing.
4. Use high contrast colors for text, no pastels.
5. Indent half an inch from the edge of the slide because the outer edges gets cut off in the conversion to a tv signal.
6. Save the slide as a JPEG file.
If this is done, most Public Access stations will gladly put it on. Educational Access and Government Access typically do not post announcements for events other than their own.